Background cause I haven't been here in a while: 20M, 5'10, 238 lbs, sedentary lifestyle but try and workout at least 5 days a week.
What I mean is incorporating 1-2 "fast days" as a part of one's weekly routine (no food, lots of water).
Personally I don't find hunger or energy being an issue whatsoever and can feel completely normal even going 3 days of fasting, and even be able to workout just fine during the first 2 days (although I plan to fast on the days during which I don't workout).
My 2 main problems with trying to lose weight rn:
-
Most of the week I'm not staying at home and get my food from a very unhealthy cafeteria where I can't even try to calculate the calories and that offers no alternatives (nothing I can do about it for the next couple of months unfortunately). I've been forced to try and eyeball it and guess how many calories everything has... It's even harder since they drench everything in oil.
-
I'm very prone to snacking or taking that extra plate, especially without a structured calorie counting routine.
I try to stay at a calorie deficit nonetheless but it's been quite difficult, that's when this idea of incorporating a day of fasting into my week, (preferably on one of the days I don't workout on) came about. It's basically just a huge calorie deficit that will offset the times I inevitably calculate the food wrong and go over my daily intake and will help balance my calorie intake when looking at a weekly quotient.
I'm someone who's very good with cold turkey... Meaning if I decide to eat absolutely nothing I'll have no problem with it.
Thoughts?
.png)


Don't be spammer